Tracktex Green is an effective multi-layer geo-composite solution to the mud pumping problem that often creates mud holes in railway tracks and ballast layers. This recurring issue results in costly track re-alignment repairs and maintenance for railway operators and contractors.
Tracktex Green is a composite material consisting of a micro-porous filter between two layers of Bidim Green geotextiles to help prevent water from penetrating the subgrade. When installed below the ballast, it effectively allows pore-water pressure to dissipate while preventing fine soil particles migrating upwards to contaminate the ballast. Rainfall or ground water is unable to penetrate the micro-porous filter and is drained laterally to the side of the track.
Tracktex Green also conforms to the surface depressions in the formation layer to help prevent the creation of slurry pockets.
- Prevents mud pumping failure compared to other alternatives such as sand layers
- Saves cost by increasing the maintenance intervals on trackbeds often caused by mud pumping failure
- Durable and reliable supported with UKAS accredited laboratory testing – reports show that the predicted durability is greater than 100 years in soil between pH levels of 3 to 11
- Reduces construction costs with quick and easy installation – no special tools or techniques required which can help lower possession times on busy railway lines and networks
- Sustainable using Bidim green geotextile layers that are made locally with Australian-sourced recycled materials – this reduces waste to landfill and supports a circular economy