Our company was originally founded in 1988 as Maccaferri NZ Ltd, part of the Maccaferri Industrial Group, a family owned industrial conglomerate with interests in food, construction, power generation, finance and construction materials manufacture and distribution and whose origins date back to 1886 when Maccaferri made the first wire products and later developing the 'gabion' first used in 1893 to retain the river banks of the River Reno at Caselecchio.
Geofabrics Australasia Pty Ltd, a well-respected leader in the manufacture and distribution of geosynthetics throughout Australia and a long term partner and supplier to Maccaferri NZ Ltd purchased a majority financial interest in Maccaferri NZ Ltd in 2002.
The recent purchase in 2015 by Geofabrics of the remaining shareholding in the Maccaferri NZ Ltd business has seen our name change to Geofabrics New Zealand Ltd which underlines the strength of the Geofabrics Group as the leading regional manufacturer and provider of geosynthetic solutions to the civil, infrastructure, mining and water and waste construction industries.
Our continued growth is still based upon the same philosophy - to offer high quality, durable and environmentally sensitive solutions. Our heritage has helped us gain a profound understanding of our environment which is reflected in the solutions we offer our clients.